Tuesday 2 January 2024

TEXT OF AN ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE, SENATOR ADEMOLA ADELEKE AT THE 2024 STATE PRAYER EVENT


PROTOCOLS

It is with deep gratitude to God that I welcome our religious leaders, traditional rulers and the entire state workforce to the 2024 edition of the state prayer assembly. We had gathered at the same time a year ago for the maiden state prayer of our administration.

Today, I am particularly full of praises and adoration to the Almighty Creator for answering all our prayers of January 2023. We had asked for favour, mercy and divine guidance less than two months after assuming office. The good Lord answered us.

In those turbulent days,we had sought the Lord's help to calm the troubled water of state governance. We fervently prayed for divine victory as we then entered office under a deeply hostile environment. We cried to the Lord to rescue the state from those hell bent on truncating the will of the people. Those were troubling days for our dear state.

Today, I am overjoyed to stand before you to proclaim that our state is free from bondage of the past. Through the prayers of the just, the people of God secures victory, salvation and redemption. A year after fervent pleas to our dear creator, we all feel and experience the hand of God in our lives and in the governance of our state. My dear people of Osun state, ours was and will continue to be a God guided leadership.

My dear people of faith, I have personal confessions to make. In the last one year, I directly experienced divine guidance in making state decisions. On several occasions,God almighty was my instructor in deciding on key issues. When I told you I govern with the fear of God, It is not a joke. Our leadership is a product of divine plan and manifestation.

The signs are everywhere even for our political opponents to see. I will share some of the examples for you all. When I assumed the governorship of our dear state, many serious problems existed. Such issues appeared to have defied all solutions. My predecessor deliberately added petrol to the fire by laying several bobby traps before he left office. Nobody expects solutions from us. The thoughts of detractors was the expectation of failure.

But because we have a God who does not fail his beloved ones, doors open where none exist. The governance space witnessed policy innovations and implementation which provide answers to knotty state policy questions. Because we have a God who props up his favoured and chosen ones, our government successfully reset the button of the state public service, frontaly addressed workers' welfare, put a smile on the faces of pensioners, restored local governance, implemented infra agenda and set the tone for sustainable governance.

Through God and people of goodwill, we succeeded where opponents never gave us a chance. We break jinx in critical areas and prove that Osun people can experience good governance despite all odds. Our government has manifested what many denied- that a God led administration is a condition for successful leadership in state governance.

On this note, let me place on record my deep appreciation to workers, staff and top management across Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Osun state government. I urge you to continue to maintain cohesion, love and support for your government under my leadership. Let us continue to seek the face of God across the faiths for the success of our collective project.

To our royal fathers and religious leaders, God is answering your prayers over me and my team. Do not relent in your prayers and guidance for us.

As I noted in my new year message, we have grand ambition to take Osun to greater heights. I trust that with God and people, we shall achieve our lofty goals and agenda for our dear state.

Thanks for listening.

God bless Osun, the State of the Living Spring

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

God bless you all.

HE, Senator Ademola Adeleke, Executive Governor of Osun State 02/02/2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

OSUN GOVT WARNS AGAINST ENCROACHMENT ON STADIUM LANDS

NEWS RELEASE OSOGBO - 08/10/2024 - Osunstate.gov.ng The Osun state government has warned against increasing encroachment on lands a...